photo karen-header_zpshzbwdi0o.png

Monday, May 1, 2017

photoshop....

Today I have been editing head shots of my beautiful oil friends for a new website... ( more on that later) . Anyhow.. my head shot was taken as well. I opened up the file in photoshop, first I lighten it up.. then I gave myself a little more of a tan.. then I went for my tooth that is discolored .. then I went and started softening my laugh lines.. then I started adding eyelashes.. then I stopped. I felt like a fraud suddenly. I was making myself look way better that what I really look like. Here I am a lover of organic, natural living and I was changing the way I look in photoshop, wanting to look way better, wishing I had worn more make-up. 
So I deleted all the layers , gulp, and just saved the file as is. And I have this fear, or yet this voice in my head that says, don't do it. But I am choosing to ignore it and with one eye closed , saving the photo and sending it off. 
It is hard to be seen "as is" As a photographer I get to see families, people, laughing and smiling before I even snap the shot. I see the real you and I think it is so beautiful. Most of the time I save those " candid shots" and send them to my clients because honestly that is where the true beauty is.
So this is me , non edited ....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips